Inscrutable happenings...

Have you ever wanted something so badly that your perception of the situation became distorted? I have.

We can force situations so much that we lose perspective. Patience is a virtue...but damnit why?

The great Aristotle once said, "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Well I will tell you what I find myself doing repeatedly through life....making bad decisions. After all of the time and effort I put into college why am I not in a better situation? Should I dwell on this? On to my point...

I will tell you why...everything happens for a reason and as long as we are constantly learning then we are living a fruitful life that will eventually pay dividends.

Many of you know that I am part native American; Choctaw Indian to be exact. One of my favorite old proverbs from that heritage is this: "Every struggle whether won or lost, strengthens us for the next to come."

How awesome is that?

So the next time you are sitting and wondering how so many things can occur at one given time to try to derail you...remember that you need to be constantly evaluating and analyzing it all to find solutions. We can not sit around talking about problems but rather we need to work on finding solutions. This has almost become a lost art in some parts of our society. Most "problems" are actually opportunities if you simply change your perspective. Is it easy? Hell no. But can it be done?

People do it every hour of every day. So you tell me...

Are you going to be part of the problem or part of the solution? The choice is yours.

Comments

Determined said…
That's a very good way of putting it. Now to actually apply these words of wisdom is another story! :)
ImNoBetterThanU said…
Agreed, we can read, listen, and watch great things all day and all night. Real life application is the difficult part, but we can all do it with enough discipline and effort.
Meg Kelso said…
Have you ever wanted something so badly that your perception of the situation became distorted?


Oh yeah. I call it being engaged.
ImNoBetterThanU said…
Oh come on Meg...

surely you have not lost all hope...
Taco said…
Perception is nothing more than hope. Finding hope is the trick.

Popular posts from this blog

Time: A precious commodity!

Get Regular Exercise for Mental Health

Paradoxical sleep...